Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Holiday - DAY1 - Morning

It's Tuesday morning, just setup the blog and posted a link on mookismo, going to dive in the shower, hit argos up for some camping essentials, I don't have a torch and from what I remember of past camping trips a torch is essential, after having perused the camping section of the argos catalogue I now have an urge to by a big knife, I really don't think this will serve any use but it seems like the only sensible thing to do on a camping trip is to have a big knife, by big I am not talking machete, I am talking features, if it doesn't have a descaler or a compass I am not interested, the real quandry is do I stick safe and go with the swiss army knife, or do I opt for the camping geeks new poster boy the leatherman? I shall make that decision in town.

I need

a camping ground roll thing (crappy piece of foam)
to find my big box cooler
Ice for cooler
Torch (something multifunctional)
rape alarm
some army type cooking tin things (I had some when I was a cub)
a gas stove and gas
a chair
a disposable BBQ

I will report back after my reconnaissance with details of the results :)


No comments: